Days Before Election:


    A third party advertiser (TPA) registers with the City of Elliot Lake to publish advertisements during the election. Advertisements can support or oppose a candidate.

    A candidate cannot make third party advertisements or give direction to make any.

    TPAs can be:

    • An individual who is normally a resident in Ontario
    • A corporation that conducts business in Ontario
    • A trade union that holds bargaining rights for employees in Ontario


    Get the complete guide for third party advertisers.

    The guide includes:

    • General information
    • Registration
    • Responsibilities of registered third parties
    • Finance rules and financial statements
    • Compliance and penalties
    • Links to forms


    You can find all third party advertiser forms on the Government of Ontario website.


    There is no fee to register, but TPAs are subject to limits, eligibility and qualifications.

    Expense limits

    There are expense limits TPAs can spend during the campaign. TPAs must file financial statements.

    Third party advertising does not include issue-based advertising or advertising that does not have a cost.

    Municipal Elections Act

    See Section 88.6 of the Municipal Elections Act, 1996 for more information on TPAs.